How Much Can a 2021 Honda Pilot Tow?
The 2021 Honda Pilot offers a spacious interior loaded with convenient features, impressive safety ratings, and strong performance capabilities that will serve you well on Brick-area roads. Given the robust V6 engine that powers all available Pilot trim levels, you may be wondering how much the Honda Pilot can tow. When properly equipped, the Honda Pilot SUV delivers a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. Learn more in this Honda Pilot towing guide from Honda of Toms River.
What is the 2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
The new Honda Pilot combines power with the kind of versatility that Mount Laurel families like yours can appreciate. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the Honda Pilot towing capacity. Having an SUV that can haul a travel trailer or boat out to Brookville Campground can take your next family getaway to a whole new level. The Honda Pilot towing capacity you’ll get will depend on which drivetrain you choose:
- The 2WD Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition models can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Available on all trims and standard with the Black Edition, the Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System boosts the Pilot towing capacity to 5,000 pounds.
In addition, the Honda Pilot has a payload capacity of 1,420 to 1,625 pounds, and a maximum cargo capacity of 83.9 cubic feet.
2021 Honda Pilot Engine Specs
All Honda Pilot trims come with a 3.5L V6 engine that delivers 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. A smooth and responsive 9-speed automatic transmission is standard, as is the Eco Assist™ System, which keeps you aware of the status of your fuel usage to help you improve overall efficiency on Berkeley roads.
2021 Honda Pilot Towing and Safety Features
To further enhance your Toms River towing experience, the Pilot is available with a variety of features that add safety and convenience:
- Hill Start Assist: Applies the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal to prevent rollback on steep inclines.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System: Adds superior traction and control in difficult weather and road conditions, while increasing the Pilot towing capacity.
- HondaLink®: Keeps you connected to your Pilot’s fuel range, service schedule, and more, whether you are in the vehicle or away from it.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Provides a clear view of the area behind the vehicle, making parallel parking or hitching a trailer easier and safer.
Test Drive the Honda Pilot Today at Honda of Toms River
The Honda Pilot towing capacity is just part of what makes this SUV a terrific choice for families like yours. To learn more about all that the Pilot has to offer, contact Honda of Toms River to schedule a test drive. Check out our Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander comparison, and make sure to take advantage of our current Pilot lease offers to find the best deals available. Searching for a bargain? Check out our inventory of used Pilot models. We’re ready to put you behind the wheel of this capable family SUV today!
More on the Honda Pilot
The 2021 Honda Pilot offers a spacious interior loaded with convenient features, impressive safety ratings, and strong performance capabilities that will serve you well on Brick-area roads. Given the robust V6 engine that powers all available Pilot trim levels, you may be wondering how much the Honda Pilot can tow. When properly equipped, the Honda…
One of the reasons that the 2021 Honda Pilot is such a popular choice for Brick-area families is its safety ratings. From its strong, protective structure to its passive and active safety features, this Honda SUV has been designed to keep you and your loved ones safe and secure wherever you drive. Learn more about…
The seven available 2021 Honda Pilot configurations all offer powerful and efficient performance, strong towing capabilities, and a spacious cabin, ideal for Brick-area families. But as you peruse the Pilot trim levels, you’ll find that each comes with its own unique set of standard features. Which one is the best fit for your driving needs?…